Head of Montreal Tax Services
summary of experience
Over his career, Samy has led pharmaceutical, public accounting and IT organizations in tax, finance and mergers and acquisitions. His experience includes corporate income tax planning for Canadian-based companies with activities outside the country, overseeing technical submissions for research and development tax credits, and developing and implementing tax deferral / minimization strategies designed to maximize credits and deductions, and reduce capital and provincial taxes.
Samy’s highly developed communication skills allow him to easily interact with executives, regulatory agencies, vendors and staff and to build successful relationships with clients. He draws on his technical knowledge to manage tax and legal-driven projects in the context of M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, and domestic and international financings, as well as mandates such as estates and trusts, and corporate and personal tax planning.
- CA, CPA ( Completion of uniform final examination) – 1987
- Bachelor in Accounting, University of Quebec – 1986
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) – 2010
- Ordre des comptables professionnels du Québec
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitionners
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de planification fiscale et financière