Assurance & Advisory
summary of experience
Gerry is a partner in SLF’s Assurance & Advisory practice and is head of SLF’s Public Company group, which specializes in servicing both domestic and foreign companies listed on the U.S. and Canadian stock exchanges.
In addition to the above, Gerry has experience in advising owner managed businesses and other clients as well as assisting them in securing both traditional and innovative forms of financing.
Gerry has industry expertise in the service, distribution, retail, high-tech, real estate, not-for-profit and manufacturing sectors, with a strong emphasis on taxation and business advisory services.
Gerry is a frequent presenter to the legal, business, and financial community on the topic of assisting private companies in listing on the U.S. and Canadian stock exchanges.
Prior to joining SLF in 1992, Gerry was a partner for over 10 years in a large multi-national firm.
- Chartered Accountant - 1971
- University of South Africa, Certificate in the Theory of Accountancy - 1970
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (ICAO)
- Current and former Board, and Executive Member of numerous Charitable, Educational and other Non-Profit Organizations and Institutions
- Toronto Board of Trade
- President, SLF Corporate Finance Group Inc.