Assurance & Advisory
summary of experience
Since starting at SLF in 1980, Morty Lober has provided assurance and advisory services for owner-managed businesses, with an emphasis on corporate and personal taxation.
Morty is involved with retirement and estate planning and the related area of wealth management for many of his clients. He also has experience in Canada/U.S.and international transactions.
Morty also advises clients on banking and corporate finance.
Before joining SLF Montreal, Morty was the VP finance of the Canadian subsidiary of a U.S. public company.
Morty is very active in community affairs and serves on the Board of Directors and the Budget and Finance Committee of the Hillsdale Golf & Country Club. He is the Treasurer of Temple Emanu-El Beth Sholom, where he is also a long serving member of the Board of Trustees. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Ben Gurion University of ther Negev, Quebec Region.
- Bachelor of Commerce, McGill University -1968
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners - 1998
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - 1997
- Illinois CPA Society -1997
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario - 1976
- Order of Chartered Accountants of Québec - 1971